PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
In accordance with European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016
(known as the “General Data Protection Regulation” or GDPR)
This personal data protection charter (hereinafter: the “Charter”) describes the commitments of the site dentistbrussels.be - Dentist Brussels SA - 23, Place Edouard Pinoy- 1160 Auderghem, published by Gauthier Lescrenier as data controller, with regard to the protection of the privacy and the personal data of its users. This Charter has been drawn up so that you understand the practices and conditions in which dentistbrussels.be collects, uses and stores your personal data (hereinafter: the “Data”).
You will find a description of the data which we can collect and process and which you provide us when you access and/or use the site www.dentistbrussels.be (the “Site”). The term “Site” refers only to the site www.dentistbrussels.be
Given the constantly changing nature of laws and regulations with regard to technology and the protection of personal data, it is likely that this Charter will be updated. If you are a user of the Site, you will be informed of any changes by email.
If any of the clauses of the present Charter should be declared null or contrary to regulations, it will be deemed unwritten but will not entail the nullity of the other clauses of this Charter.
This Charter applies to the Data collected:
• While browsing the Site
• From emails you have exchanged with dentistbrussels.be or any other electronic messaging tool
It does not apply to information collected by any third parties or through websites managed by them, including through applications or content (including advertisements) redirecting the user to the Site. Please read this Charter carefully with regard to the processing of your Data; we would like to inform you that the browsing on our Site implies the acceptance of this Charter. If you do not agree with the Charter, we ask you to leave our Site. It is your responsibility to check that the Data communicated to dentistbrussels.be is correct. If this is not the case, you can correct and update the Data by making a request via the Site’s contact page.
1. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED BY DENTISTBRUSSELS.BE ?
Depending on the nature and purpose of your interaction with dentistbrussels.be (browsing the Site, using the contact information form, discussions via telephone), we are likely to collect the following Data:
Your email address will be required if you wish to communicate with us via the contact form
Data about your identity such as your first name, surname, email address and phone numbers may be required
Browsing Data: this Data provides information about your use of the Site, including your IP address, browser used, browsing time, search history, operating system used, language and pages viewed
Data regarding your visits to the Site, including traffic data, log files and other data or communication resources used while accessing the Site
Data on the use of social media when you use social media features.
2. HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED ?
3. WHY IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED ?
If you are a user of the Site, we collect your Data to:
- Ensure the security and traceability of the Site
- Manage your requests sent via the contact page
- Comply with our rights and obligations stipulated in the contracts signed with users, as well as for any other legal purpose.
- Secure browsing and improve your user experience. Rejecting cookies will prevent you from enjoying the best browsing experience on the Site.
- Analyse traffic and data on the Site to calculate the number of Site users, to make it easier to use and to ensure that it is able to respond quickly to your requests.
4. WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA? ?
Your Data is processed by the staff and employees of dentistbrussels.be who are responsible for:
- Site management
- Support management, to answer all your questions
- Billing management
In addition, as part of our business and for processing purposes, your Data may be communicated to subcontractors, service providers or other third parties, including:
- Accounting departments
- Tax departments
These groups and individuals comply with an agreement concerning the right to privacy when using and processing personal data.
All of the aforementioned subcontractors, service providers, Partners, or other third parties are subject to contractual obligations to ensure the privacy and protection of the Data and to process it solely for the purposes for which we provide it.
Your Data may be passed on to any buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, disposal, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or any other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of dentistbrussels.be because of uncertainties or bankruptcy, liquidation or other processes in which the Data of the users of dentistbrussels.be is included as part of the assets sold.
We may also disclose your Data:
- to comply with any mandate required by applicable law, including governmental and regulatory requirements
- if we believe that the disclosure is necessary or required to protect the rights, property or security of dentistbrussels.be, its customers or other stakeholders.
The Site may contain links to various social media sites and platforms on third-party servers, by persons or organisations over which dentistbrussels.be has no control. We therefore cannot be held responsible for how your Data is stored or used on the servers of these third parties. We advise you to read the applicable personal data protection charter of each third-party website which you access through the Site to understand how your Data will be used.
5. HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA KEPT ?
Dentistbrussels.be only keeps your Data for the timeframe necessary for the purposes explained in Article 3. This timeframe may vary, depending on the Data in question; the nature and purpose of its collection are likely to affect the timeframe. Similarly, some legal requirements impose a specific timeframe.
When you contact dentistbrussels.be by using the contact form or by phone, your Data can be kept:
- for up to one (1) year after the last contact if you do not have a customer account.
- up to seven (7) years (statutory period) from the last service performed.
- In all other cases, this exchanged Data must not be kept for more than one (1) year.
Only data entered via the contact form is kept for 1 year via the site. Lastly, Data collected by means of cookies or tracers will be kept for up to six (6) months for cookies or tracers which measure traffic and up to thirteen (13) months for all others. After the aforementioned timeframes, your Data will be anonymised and kept exclusively for statistical purposes.
6. HOW IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED ?
Your data is stored on a secure server and protected by a firewall and anti-virus software. We have put technical and organisational measures in place to ensure the security and privacy of your Data and to protect it from accidental loss, unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure. However, given the peculiarities inherent to the internet, we are unable to guarantee the optimal security of information exchanges on this network. We make every effort to protect your Data but we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information communicated to the Site. You acknowledge that you are sending your Data at your own risk. We cannot be held liable for a breach in the privacy settings or security measures which have been put in place on the Site. As such, you agree that the security of your information is also your responsibility. For example, it is your responsibility to make sure that the password used to access your user account remains secret. Do not disclose it to third parties. Similarly, be careful when you disclose information on the public sections of the Site, which can be viewed by any user of the Site.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS ?
You can choose how the Data you provide us is used:
- You can browse the Site without providing Data. In this event, you will not be able to use certain features of the Site and you will be unable to contact us via the contact form.
In any event, you can make a request at any time to view or update your Data by emailing email@example.com. Pursuant to the provisions of the applicable regulations regarding the protection of personal data, particularly the European Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and its modifications, you have a right of access and a right of rectification concerning your Data.
In addition, subject to the conditions provided for by these regulations with regard to the exercising of these rights, you also have:
- A right to the erasure of your Data (excluding accounting data which, according to Belgian law - Art. 60 §§1 and 4 C. VAT, must be kept for 7 years). Please see the AAFisc circular n. 14/2014 (n. E.T. 120.000) of 4 April 2014).
- A right to limit the processing of your Data
- A right to object to the processing of your Data for legitimate reasons, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR
- A right to portability for the Data you have provided (for automated processing based on consent or the performance of a contract)
- A right to withdraw consent, when it has been requested. When your Data is processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
You acknowledge, however, that the processing performed prior to the withdrawal of your consent remains perfectly valid. You also have the right to object without explanation to dentistbrussels.be analysing your Data to share it for marketing purposes.
However, pursuant to Article 12.6 of the GDPR, with regard to the exercising of these rights, dentistbrussels.be (DB SA – Gauthier Lescrenier), as the data controller, reserves the right to ask you to prove your identity. We would like to inform you that the data used to confirm your identity will be deleted once we have responded to your request. You can exercise these rights by sending an email in French to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to:
Dentist Brussels SA - 23, Place Edouard Pinoy- 1160 Auderghem
We have a period of one month to respond to any request relating to the exercising of your rights. This period may be extended by two months, because of the complexity of the request or the large number of requests.
8. STORAGE OF DATA COLLECTED BY DENTISTBRUSSELS.BE
Data collected when an email is sent via the contact form is stored exclusively on a server located in Belgium, hosted by the company P4X SPRL - 5 Avenue des Thuyas, 4121 Neupré